Nothing says fall like going to a pumpkin patch in Maryland and DC! You can of course pick up a pumpkin at any grocery store, but what’s the fun in that?
Pumpkin picking makes for a fun family activity and many of the pumpkin patches in Maryland have so much more to offer than just pumpkins!
Take a home a bouquet of pretty fall flowers, get lost in a corn maze, stuff your face with yummy cider donuts, have a sip of delicious fresh-pressed cider, and pose at a totally Instagrammable giant pumpkin house or a field of sunflowers!
Keep reading for what each pumpkin patch in Maryland has to offer and visit the best one for your family for 2020!
Magnolia Meadow Farms
Magnolia Meadow Farms boasts a 10 ACRE pumpkin patch and Maryland’s LARGEST corn maze!
This beautiful Thurmont Maryland farm is surrounded by the Catoctin Mountains. I was at the farm for their Sunflower Festival and it was a blast.
They even have zip lines as part of their fall activities which I’ve not seen anywhere else! There are over 20 fun things to do at Magnolia Meadow Farms and trust me you’ll want to try them all!
Opening day is September 16, 2022!
Get tickets HERE, and use the code SEAOFBLUSH22 for $1 off your ticket.
Location: 13001 Creagerstown Rd, Thurmont, MD 21788
Clark’s Elioak Farm
Clark’s Elioak Farm is the cutest little farm in Ellicott City Maryland, just about 1 hour from Washington DC. We came here for a birthday party a few years ago and their Enchanted Forest and Cow Train rides are exceptional for kids.
Their pumpkin patch opens late September, through early November.
- You can buy tickets in advance online or in person. Tickets are timed to allow for capacity requirements, get tickets here.
- Location: 10500 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, MD 21042
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 10am to 5:00pm
- Entry Fee: $8 per person
- $2.50 per person Cow Train
- $5.00 per person Enchanted Express Train
- $2.50 per child Hayride
- $2.50 per child Pony Ride
Gaver Farm Pumpkin Patch in Maryland
We absolutely loved our visit to Gaver Farm for their pumpkin patch and corn maze and it’s only a 1-hour drive from DC in Maryland. The corn maze was so big that we barely made it out.
There are over 50 attractions for kids of all ages at this pumpkin patch in Maryland.
The fall fun begins September 2, 2022, and runs through October 31, 2022.
You must buy tickets to visit this pumpkin patch for the activities and corn maze – Get Ticket. But if you just want to pick a pumpkin, entrance is free! Their pumpkin patch is large and so cute. You can also pick sunflowers, which bloom in early September, and apples.
Also definitely get some fresh hot apple cider donuts from their shop, they are delicious.
- Location: 5501 Detrick Road, Mount Airy, MD 21771
- Hours: September 2 – October 31, 2022 10 Am – 6 Pm Daily
- Fall Fun Fest Admission is $17.50 per person on September weekends, $19.75 per person on October weekends and $12.50 per person on weekdays. Kids under 24 months are free. – Get Tickets Here
Butler’s Orchard Pumpkin Festival in Maryland
Butler’s Orchard is one of the farms we visit quite frequently because it’s so close to Washington DC, at about 40 minutes away.
Their 41st Annual Pumpkin Festival starts September 24th and runs through October 30st for the 2022 season.
They are one of the best farms in Maryland if you have kids. Not only does their farm include a cute pumpkin patch, but also apple picking, hayrides, and sometimes corn mazes.
You can buy tickets at the gate or online in advance. Butler’s Orchard is super popular because it’s in Montgomery County and their tickets usually sell out quickly!
Weekday – Online
Weekend – Online
Pricing also applies to Columbus Day (Monday, October 11)
Weekday – Gate
Weekend – Gate
Pricing also applies to Columbus Day (Monday, October 11)
Included in Your Ticket:
- Admission to Pick Your Own Pumpkins (pumpkins are $0.69/lb)
- Hilltop Hop Jump Pads
- Tractor Pull – NEW in 2021!
- Jump in the hayloft
- Visit Barnyard Buddies
- Twisted Corn Maze
- Live Music*
- Play in the Corn Box
- Straw Maze
- Swoop down the Giant Slides
- Corn Hole Games
- Pedal Tractors
2022 Other Activities ($)
- Pumpkin Cannon*, $4.00/shot,
- October 16-17, 23-24, 30-31
- Pony Rides* (10:30 am – 4:30 pm), $6.00/ride
- Face Painting*, $4.00 and up
- Pick Your Own Pumpkins, $.75/lb
Get your ticket HERE.
Homestead Farm Pumpkin Patch
Homestead Farm has pumpkin picking late September through Halloween. You do not need to buy tickets for Homestead Farm but there is an admission fee of $3 per person except babies.
- Location: 15604 Sugarland Road, Poolesville, Maryland 20837
- Open 7 Days a Week, 9am – 5pm, rain or shine
This pumpkin patch in Poolesville is right next to McKee Beshers and is only 1 hour from DC.
Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch in Middletown Maryland
This pumpkin patch near Frederick, MD is open again for 2022! They have a smaller pumpkin patch but there’s FREE admission Monday to Friday. Jumbo’s does not have as many activities on the weekdays but it’s FREE!
On Saturdays and Sundays, they have a whole slew of activities on the Farm: Unlimited Hayrides, Kids Play Areas, Pick Your Own Pumpkins, 20 Acre Corn Maze, 3,000 square feet of Shopping-with decorations, baked goods, carving kits, and more, Farm Grown Mums, Petting Zoo, Craft Attic-featuring handmade items from 45+ local artisans, Jumping Pillow.
They even have pony rides at an additional cost, I’ve not seen this offered at another pick your own pumpkin farms in Maryland.
Hours & Fees
- Open Everyday | 10am-6pm | Opens September 24
- Monday-Fridays: FREE Farm Admission, pick your own pumpkins from a huge handpicked selection, fall shopping, farm-grown mums & petting zoo only
- Fridays: additional activities available: hayrides to the patch & Corn Maze ($8)
- Saturday & Sundays: Farm Festival Admission $10/person
- Children 3 & under Free | Military & Seniors 65+ $8/person
- hayrides, fall shopping, corn maze, petting zoo, jumping pillow and more!
- **additional fee: pony rides, face painting & corn cannon**
Location: 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, MD 21769
Summer Farm in Frederick Maryland
Summer Farm pumpkin patch in Frederick Maryland is a pretty huge farm, about a 1-hour drive from Washington DC!
Their pumpkin patch is free to enter and you pay for the pumpkin you pick by the pound.
They also have an 8-acre sunflower field and a whole Fall Festival which does require tickets – get it here.
- Opens September 17, 2022
- Pumpkin Patch opens at 2pm weekdays; 10am Sat & Sun
- Last wagon ride to the pumpkin patch is 6 pm daily!
- Location: 5620 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, MD
Sharp’s at Waterford
Their fall season opens on September 26, 2020. This farm offers exceptional activities for kids and day on the farm experiences, make a reservation here.
- They also offer produce for sale and curbside pick up.
- Location: 4003 Jennings Chapel Road | Brookeville, MD 20833, about 1 hour from DC
Knightongale Farm Pumpkin Patch in Maryland
This 90-acre working farm owned and operated by Joel Greenwell and kids! They open their pumpkin patch located in Harwood MD seasonally.
Knightongale farm in Anne Arundel County has not made a decision on their fall pumpkin patch for 2020 yet, so stay tuned for updates on their Facebook page.
Their address is 3924 Solomons Island Road, Harwood, Md. 20776, however, please note that some GPS programs will tell you the farm is 1/2 mile before it actually is. Just go to the corner and you’ll see the large sign for Knightongale Farm.
Their farm is east of DC and just a 45 minute drive away.
Rock Hill Orchard
Rock Hill Orchard has to be one of my fave pick your own farms in Maryland. They have delicious ice cream and is one of the best places to pick apples in Maryland!
Their fall activities include:
- Two corn mazes, one is 14 acres, the other smaller one is one acre
- Pick a pumpkin from the vine in our pumpkin patch
- Try our world champion pumpkin cannon
- Apple cider donuts in the Farm Market (not available yet)
- At the dairy, watch our cows being milked with our robotic milker or pet the calves
- Visit the calves
All Fall Activities are open Weekends only except for Apple Picking which is also open on Fridays.
Rock Hill Orchard and Woodbourne Creamery is just 1 hour from Washington DC.
More updates to come for specifics on their 2020 pumpkin patch!
Visit Larriland Farm this fall for apple and beautiful pumpkins. They have built an amazing maze out of bales of straw!
Enjoy a hayride through the forest 9:30am to 4:30pm Saturdays and Sundays.
Location: 2415 Woodbine Road | Woodbine, MD 21797, just 1 hour drive from DC.
Queen Anne Farm
Queen Anne Farm is owned by Carl and Carol Brady. They sell delicious fresh produce during the summer and pumpkins in the fall, all grown and harvested on the farm!
The fall decorations on their farm are some of the best in Maryland including a giant pumpkin house perfect for pictures and Instagram! This pumpkin patch is one of the closer ones to DC at just 40 minutes away by car. Admission is $5 per vehicle.
Get the latest updates here.
Location 18102 CENTRAL AVE , MITCHELLVILLE, MD 20716
Miller Farms Southern Maryland
This fall Miller Farms offers some great family activities and is just 30 minutes away from Washington DC in Clinton, MD:
- A scenic wagon ride that passes by our lively community of scarecrow folk posed in all sorts of whacky, hilarious poses
- A tour through our barn area where you and your kids can meet our Barnyard Buddies!
- Straw maze, tire obstacle course, and pumpkin games!
- An exciting trip through our Corn Maze, carefully designed with our younger Farm-goers in mind!
- Giant slides!
Location: 10140 Piscataway Rd. Clinton, MD 20735
For updates go here.
Shlagel Farm in Waldorf Maryland
Shlagel Farm is open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays in October on weekends only at $9.00 per person; adults and children 25 months and older. 24 months and under are free. Pumpkins are extra and are .69 cents per pound.
If you want farm-fresh meats and produce they also offer a CSA program.
For more information about their pumpkin patch go here.
Location: 12850 Shlagel Rd, Waldorf, MD 20601, 45 minutes away from Washington DC.
The fall season for Montpelier Farms opens September 17, 2022, through November 6, 2022. This pumpkin patch in Maryland is super close to DC at just 40 minutes’ driving.
Because of limited capacity, it’s best to purchase tickets online to experience the fall activities at Montpelier Farms, tickets here.
September 17th – November 6th:
- Saturdays: 10am – 9pm
- Sundays: 10am – 6pm
- (**last admission sold 1hr before closing)
- Tuesday – Thursday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Fridays: 5pm – 11pm
- Saturdays: 10am – 11pm
- Sundays: 10am – 7pm
- Saturdays: 10am – 9pm
- Sundays: 10am – 6pm
For tickets and pricing go here.
Buppert’s /Doran’s Chance Farm
This farm is open to everyone for hayrides to the Pumpkin Patch for pick your own pumpkins and entrance to the corn maze. For information on their fall 2022 season go here.
Have a taste of their delicious fresh-pressed cider and take home some pretty fall flowers while you are there!
Location: 6914 Ridge Rd, Marriottsville, MD 21104, 1 hour drive from DC.
Baugher’s Orchard annual Pumpkin pick-your-own is open every weekend October weather permitting! Enjoy a fun hayride to the pumpkin patch or apple orchard! Hayrides are $3 per person, and remember to bring cash because they don’t take credit cards.
Don’t forget to stop by the petting zoo too, there are coin machines to buy feed for the animals!
Location: 1015 Baugher Road, Westminster, MD 21158
Councell Farms Pumpkin Patch
Councell Farms in Cordova Maryland has more than 20 farm fun activities, including the corn maze, jumping pillow, combine slide and pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch has pumpkins directly on the vine for picking!
- Admission $6.00 per person.
- Season Passes for a Family (limit 4) $60.00(Each additional family member is $10.00)
- Children under 2 are free
- OPEN 9:30am-5:30pm
- 7 days a week from mid-September until Halloween
- Grandparents joining their families are FREE
Location: 11773 Old Skipton Rd, Cordova, MD 21625
Strohmer’s Farm is more of a market for fresh meats, but around the end of September, you can visit the farm and run through their corn Maze, pick a pumpkin, play some games, go on a hayride, and visit the farm animals. Open Weekends 11-6pm.
They even have goat yoga!
Flashligh Corn Maze – Saturday Nights 6pm-10pm
Location: 3501 Hernwood Rd, Woodstock, MD 21163
Middleton’s Legacy Farm Lawnscapes
Legacy Farm Lawnscapes is mostly known for its huge corn maze but they also have pumpkin bowling, pumpkin launching, tractor rides, farm animals, oversized slides, pick-your-own-Pumpkins, food trucks and more!
Saturday, September 18 – Sunday, September 19
Open Friday, Saturday & Sunday
September 24 Thru October 31 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
General Admission : $10.00 person*
Kids 2 and Under : Free*
Location: 5190 Leonardtown Rd, Waldorf, MD 20601
TLV Tree Farm in Howard County Maryland
TLV Tree farm has both a corn maze and a pumpkin patch! This farm has been in the Brown family for over 100 years.
Open October 2 – through October 31, 2021
Hours are: Saturday and Sunday from 10 am – 5 pm
- October 2, 2021 – meet the 4-hers, learn about the animals they take care of and what 4-h means to them.
- October 9, 2021– It’s Teddy Bear day, come to the farm and bring your teddy bear for the hay rides.
- October 16, 2021 – It’s Cowgirl/Cowboy day, come to the farm in your cowboy/girl boots, hats and sheriff pins.
- October 23, 2021 – It’s wear your favorite sports team day.
- October 30, 2021 – It’s wear your Halloween Costume Day, come to the farm in your costume.
**Hours depend on weather and supply of pumpkins
Admission is 7.00 (Corn maze entrance is the cost)
Free Hayride (no charge)
Small Pumpkins are 5.00 a piece.
Large Pumpkins are 69 cents a pound.
Jack be little pumpkins are 1.00 each.
**Prices may vary depending on season.**
Location: 15155 Triadelphia Mill Rd, Glenelg, Maryland
Bowles Farms opens its pumpkin patch and corn maze on September 24, 2022. In addition to the pumpkin patch and corn maze they have a few other activities as well:
- Wagon Ride
- Big Slides
- Play Area
- Corn Boxes (2)
- Straw Jumping Pit
- Barrel Ride
- Concession stand (cash only)
Location: 22880 Budds Creek Road – Clements – Maryland – 20624